Sunday, October 28, 2007

COMMERCE

COMMERCE -
The following courses are offered to the students.
M.COM. [SELF-FINANCING] and B.COM. [BOTH AIDED AND SELF-FINANCING]
[All admissions to these courses - as per rules and regulations of HNB Garhwal University and the college]

M.COM.-

PREVIOUS EXAMINATION-
Papers [Maximum Marks -100 each]-
All the six papers are compulsory
1. Management Accounting; 2. Statistical Analysis; 3. Marketing Management; 4. Financial Management; 5. Business Environment;
6. Advanced Accounting

FINAL EXAMINATION-
Papers [Maximum- 100 each]-
Candidates are required to opt from any one of the three following groups:
Group A: Management
Paper I- Business Environment; II. Business Policy and Strategy; III. Human Resource Management; IV. Production Management; V. Viva-Voce
Group B: Finance
Paper I. Financial Markets and Institutions; II. Security Analysis & Portfolio Manangement; III. Direct Tax Laws & Practice; IV. Project Planning & Entrepreneurship; V. Viva-Voce
Group C: Marketing
Paper I. Consumer Behaviour; II. Marketing Communication; III. Marketing Research; IV. International Marketing; V. Viva-Voce

Qualifying Course: [only for non-commerce graduates]
Elementary Book-keeping and Accountancy [maximum marks-50]



B.COM.-
In examination of all parts of B.COM., the theoretical question papers will consist of three sections.
In Section A, all five objective-type questions [True/False or multiple choice giving brief reasons for the choice] will be compulsory. Each question will carry 2 marks..
In Section B, all five short-answer type questions will be compulsory. Each question will carry 2 marks.
In Section C, there will be 8 questions of descriptive type out of which 4 questions (carrying 7.5 marks each) are to be attempted. Maximum marks for each paper will be 50.

PART-ONE EXAMINATION-
Group I [Management Group]-
Paper I – Principles of Management; Paper II – Business Environment;
Group II [Accounting Group]-
Paper I – Financial Accounting; Paper II – Business Statistics;
Group III [Business Economics & Business Laws Group]-
Paper I – Business Economics; Paper II – Business Laws;
Group IV [Computerized Accounting Group] - [Group-IV can be opted by a maximum number of 50 students in B.Com. I – to continue without change to B.Com. II and B.Com.III - in place of Group II i.e. Accounting Group.
Paper I – Financial Accounting; Paper II – Computerized Financial Accounting;
Separate practical examination will be held for 15 marks in Computerized Accounting.

Qualifying Course: [only for those candidates who have not passed the Intermediate examination in Commerce]
Elementary Bookkeeping and Accountancy [maximum marks-50]

PART-TWO EXAMINATION-
Group I [Management Group]-
Paper I – Basic Business Finance; Paper II – Personnel Management;
Group II [Accounting Group]-
Paper I – Corporate Accounting; Paper II – Cost Accounting;
Group III [Business Economics & Business Laws Group]-
Paper I – Money, Banking and Financial Institutions; Paper II – Company Law & Secretarial Practice;

PART-THREE EXAMINATION-
Group I [Management Group]-
Paper I – Marketing Management; Paper II – Management Accounting;
Group II [Accounting Group]-
Paper I –Income Tax Laws & Accounts; Paper II – Advanced Auditing;
Group III [Business Economics & Business Laws Group]-
Paper I – Public Finance; Paper II – Industrial Law or Fundamentals of Insurance.;

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog. I will keep reading. Please take the time to visit my blog about College scholarships